OK Guys & Girls
It is one thing to own your bedding set, it is also one thing to make use of it and enjoy it. We want to make sure that we keep it in good order too though don’t we? Here, you will learn how to clean your football bedding set so you can have many years of use through proper care.
Here, I will walk you through the steps of how to clean your football bedding set (washing and drying) so you can have many years of enjoyment from it.
So, let us assume you have had your bedding on your bed for a few days now, and it is time to have it cleaned.
Your bedding set is made from 100% polyester, so here are the steps I recommend you take!
How To Clean Your Football Bedding Set With A Washing Machine / Dryer
Naturally, and as with all fabrics, before you start using your washing machine to clean your comforter, make sure you check the label so you know exactly what it is you need to be doing. Ignoring this important information can lead to you damaging your bedding.
- Firstly, it is important to see if your comforter neatly fits inside your home washing machine. If you feel you need to cram it all tightly to get it all inside, then this is not suitable and you will not get a proper wash. If you have problems, it may be better to take it to your local laundry service where you will find machines with ample capacity.
- Make sure you select a correct detergent. Detergents in liquid form are preferred over the powdered option, as they can be used very effectively with cooler temperatures. Make sure your selection offers good washing properties for Polyester. For my Miami Dolphins bedding sets, I have found the Persil Proclean Liquid to be the most effective.
- Set your washing machine to wash on a soft delicate program cycle. Many comforters can be washed in cold water, but check on the label regardless. Some allow you to wash with warm water. Please refrain from using hot water to wash your product, as this can cause the breaking down of its wadding.
- If your comforter contains excessive dirt or stains, pause your machine cycle and let the detergent soak in for a few minutes, then restart it.
- Drying your comforter in a dryer requires special care. As with the washing phase, do not use excessive temperatures to dry. A very light warm setting is all that is needed, and check it periodically.
- One your bedding is almost dry, remove it from the dryer and place it over a clothes horse or washing line so it is even. Once the material is completely dry you can lift it and give it a good shake to restore its fluffy properties.
- Put it back on your bed, and have a great nights sleep!
How To Clean Your Football Bedding Set – Hand Wash and Dry
In my opinion, washing a comforter by hand can be an arduous task. Once wet they are very heavy to manage, but sometimes you simply cannot get away with doing it. Some comforters require hand wash only and do not recommend machine washing, and other times, your comforter will simply not fit in your washing machine. For this reason, I wanted to provide you with some guidance to washing your bedding by hand.
- Fill your bathtub to a suitable level to be able to submerge your comforter. Do not make the water hot! A cool water temperature is more than adequate to get a good result.
- Splash your hands through the tub water to generate the soapy suds.
- Submerge the comforter into the bath water while massaging the material, and then let it sit for a few minutes to allow the detergent to do its work. I usually leave mine for approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the tub.
- Squeeze as as much water as you can from the comforter using your hands. Do not use excessive force or wring the material.
- Refill the tub again with cool water. This is for rinsing. Once more massage the material with your hands.
- Drain the water again and squeeze as much water as you can out of the comforter.
- Repeat this process until all of the soap has gone.
- Once done, remove the comforter from the bathtub and hang it evenly to dry.
- Once thoroughly dry, give it a good shake to restore its fluffiness.
- Place back on your bed ready for a good nights sleep!
Note: These steps are the ones I use to personally clean my football bedding sets. The most important thing, is to check the label before washing. If you have any questions on how to clean your football bedding set, make sure you seek advice before carrying out your wash.
See The Above Video For Clear & Easy Steps To Washing A Comforter
I hope this information proves helpful and is enough for you to now know how to clean your football bedding set. If you need anything more feel free to get in touch using the contact form!